Assisted Living Services
All Residents receive these standard services included in their monthly rent:
- Around-the-clock staff experienced in senior housing
- Full-time Life Enrichment Coordinator
- Three delicious meals per day with a variety of choices
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Complimentary laundry facilities for personal items
- Private mailboxes
- Utilities, including electricity, heat, water, garbage and basic cable television
- Air-conditioned luxury bus with lift for group outings
- Scheduled transportation to local medical appointments
- Advanced emergency call system, smoke alarms and sprinkler system
Powell Valley recognizes that each resident is unique and an individual. Prior to move-in, and regularly thereafter, we meet with residents and/or their families to ensure needs and goals are met.
The following services are available at an addition to the basic monthly rent.
- Personal assistance: Dressing, hygiene, shower assistance and incontinence care
- Daily housekeeping & laundry: Bed-making, bathroom cleaning, linen change as needed, trash removal and personal laundry
- Food & dining room assistance: Special food preparation (as required), food-cutting assistance, tray service to apartment during illness
- Mobility and transferring assistance: Escorts to and from activities and dining. One person transfer assistance as required
- Medication management: ordering, storing and dispensing of medication prescribed by the resident’s physician
- Schedule coordination & transportation arrangements: Scheduling of medical appointments & transportation, grocery shopping assistance
- Temporary illness care: All personalized services available as needed
Memory Care Community Services
Powell Valley recognizes that each resident is unique and an individual. Prior to move-in, and regularly thereafter, we meet with residents and their families to ensure needs and goals are met. Depending on the services the resident requires, we offer four levels of care:
A resident at this level may have short-term memory loss and relies somewhat on lifetime habits to function throughout the day. We provide residents at this level of assistance with dispensing medications prescribed by the resident’s physician. Also, this resident may need occasional cueing with dressing and bathing, as well as reminders to eat. Some passive wandering, anxiety and repeated questions are typical for this resident. Our Life Enrichment staff provides an array of activities to ease the resident’s anxiety and focus on remaining abilities.
A resident at this level may have very little short-term memory and relies almost entirely on lifetime habits to complete tasks. We provide residents at this level of assistance with dispensing medications prescribed by the resident’s physician and occasional assistance with dressing and bathing. We remind these residents to eat, and help with incontinence care. Passive wandering, anxiety and sleeplessness are frequent issues.
A resident at this level may have very little short- or long-term memory. We provide moderate assistance with dressing, bathing and incontinence care, especially at night. We frequently remind this resident to eat. We provide residents at this level of assistance with dispensing medications prescribed by the resident’s physician. Occasionally, more than one staff member is required to help with ambulation and transfers. This resident may also have trouble following verbal instructions, so we use body language cues to aid in communication. This resident may also be actively looking for an exit from the community while wandering and may have trouble communicating with others.
A resident at this level may have very little short- or long-term memory and requires the greatest amount of care. We provide total assistance with dressing, grooming and incontinence care. Usually, more than one staff member is required to help meet these needs. If the resident requires custom-prepared foods and special prescribed medication preparation, we supply this as well. This resident may also be actively exit seeking and requires extra attention for communicating.